Spicy Thai Chicken And Zoodles
Oodles and Oodles of Zoodles
As a true lover of pasta I wasn’t convinced that a zucchini noodle or “zoodle” would be a satisfying substitute. Turns out I was surprised! Zucchini noodles are fun to make, gluten free, and they will likely leave you feeling as if you had a pasta experience without the guilt. Go on, we’re having seconds!
To spiralize your zucchini you’ll want to give it a little practice. There are many spiral slicers available and I recently upgraded from a hand-held spiralizer to a fancy one from KitchenAid that transformed me into a Zoodler Pro!
It’s because of this recipe that I was inspired by spiralizing, so I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do!
❤ I once made the peanut sauce a couple of days in advance and was convinced it tasted even better once things were able to mingle. The sauce is so good I usually double it.
❤ If you’re shy about spicy foods you can omit the red pepper flakes. I often sneak in a little extra.
❤ This dish pairs well with spring or egg rolls (shown).
Time To Prepare:
About 25 minutes.
For The Spicy Peanut Sauce:
1 | Garlic Clove, Peeled & Smashed ½ Cup | Peanut Butter 1 Tablespoon | Lime Juice 1 Inch | Fresh Ginger, Diced ½ Teaspoon | Red Pepper Flakes 2 Tablespoons | Soy Sau 1 Teaspoon | Light Brown Sugar ⅓ Cup | Water For The Main Dish:
3-4 Tablespoons | Olive Oil 1 Pound | Chicken Tenders, Diced 2 | Zucchini, Spiralized 1 Large | Carrot, Spiralized 1 | Red Bell Pepper, Julienned ¼ Cup | Fresh Cilantro, Diced ¼ Cup | Green Onions, Diced To Garnish | Toasted Sesame Seeds To Garnish | Peanuts, Chopped To Garnish | Juice of Lime
What To Do:
1. In a food processor or blender combine the eight spicy peanut sauce ingredients and set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and the chicken tenders. Sauté each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove the chicken from the heat and let it rest until cooled. Then dice the chicken.
3. In the same large skillet over medium-high heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the zucchini and carrot noodles. Flash fry for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove the noodles and place them in a large bowl along with the chicken, red pepper, fresh cilantro, green onions and spicy peanut sauce. Toss until the noodles are well coated.
5. Serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds, more chopped peanuts, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Enjoy this dish!
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder Austin Realtor® Keller Williams Realty
#oliveoil #RedBellPepper #Zucchini #GarlicCloves #Peanuts #GreenOnions #peanutbutter #Water #LimeJuice #Carrot #LightBrownSugar #SoySauce #RedPepperFlakes #SesameSeeds #Ginger #ChickenBreast #Cilantro