Joe Reider, Realtor
Spicy Stuffed Cornbread Recipe
Cornbread With A Kick
This week with cold, icy weather blowing into Austin, there’s nothing I like better than cooking in a warm kitchen.
This spicy stuffed cornbread recipe packs a flavorful kick and will transform mere yellow cornbread mix into a sensationally savory dish that you can eat solo or paired with your favorite main course, like my family’s recipe for homemade chili.
You’ll never think of mere cornbread the same way again! And it surely warms-up the chilliest of days … and nights.
❤ For an extra-savory dish you can add some browned beef or chorizo to amp-up the cornbread.
15.25 Ounce Can | Whole Kernel Fiesta Corn, Drained 15 Ounce Can | HEB Texas Style Borracho Beans With Shiner Bock, Drained 7 Ounce Can | Diced Green Chiles, Drained 1 | Fresh Jalapeño, Diced (Including Seeds) To Taste | Fresh Cracked Black Pepper 1 Pat | Butter (I suggest Falfurrias Brand Butter) 2 Cups | Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese, Shredded 2-3 | Green Onions, Sliced Thin (Optional Garnish)
You can use your favorite packaged cornbread or if you’re shy of one, here’s a recipe I like to make from scratch:
1 ¼ Cups | All-Purpose Flour ¾ Cup | Quaker Brand Enriched Corn Meal ¼ Cup | Sugar 2 Teaspoons | Baking Powder ½ Teaspoon | Salt 1 Cup | Whole Milk ¼ Cup | Vegetable Oil 1 | Cage Free Egg, Beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (or to the baking temperature specified for your chosen cornbread recipe).
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the first five ingredients for the stuffing. Set aside. 3. Prepare your cornbread mix according to package instructions. If making the scratch cornbread recipe (from above) combine all dry ingredients together. Add the milk, oil and egg and stir. Set aside.
4. Butter a 9-inch square skillet or pan. Place the skillet (or pan) into your warm oven for about 5 minutes.
5. Remove your warmed skillet from the oven. Add half your cornbread mixture into the skillet. Top the cornbread mixture with your stuffing mixture. Add 1 cup of the cheese on top then pour the rest of the cornbread mixture on the very top. 6. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown and a knife or wooden pick inserted in the center removes clean.
7. Remove the stuffed cornbread from the oven, sprinkle the last cup of cheese on top then return to the oven until the cheese is bubbly awesome.
8. Remove the cornbread from the oven, garnish with some green onions (if you’d like) the let rest a few minutes. Enjoy!
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder Austin Realtor® Keller Williams Realty, Inc.
❤ Love Food? In a click and a scroll you can visit more of my favorite recipes!
#Sugar #VegetableOil #HEB #GreenOnions #Flour #AustinRealtor #borrachobeans #milk #Jalapeño #ColbyJackCheese #FalfurriasBrandButter #Cheddarcheese #egg #CornMeal #Blackpepper #JoePaulReider #Recipe #Corn #salt #greenchiles #shinerbock #BakingPowder