Valentine’s Day Rice Krispies Treats
❤ Valentine’s Day 2014 Featured Post ❤
Snap! Crackle! Pop! Yowza! You’re sure to score points when you put a creative twist on this time-honored favorite. These treats are super-easy to make and super-fun to decorate. Let’s see why …
Like soft treats? These treats will impress you if consumed within 24 hours of your pressing.
For a thicker treat, press your marshmallow mixture into a 9″ x 13″ pan. For a thinner treat, press into a 11″ x 17″ pan.
For a quick and tasty shortcut for melted chocolate, use Ambrosia brand Chocolate Flavored Bark Coating (a.k.a. bark coating) – we found ours at our local HEB Grocery. It’s available in chocolate bark and white bark.
Just because these treats are perfectly-shaped for Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean that they aren’t delicious all year round!
3 Tablespoons | Unsalted Butter (my family’s favorite is Falfurrias Brand Butter) 1 Package (10 ounces) | Marshmallows 6 Cups | Kellogg’s Brand Rice Krispies Cereal Your Favorite | Chocolates, Melted Assorted | Decorations (sprinkles, crushed peppermints, strawberries, etc.)
Materials: Medium-Sized Pan Spoon To Stir Large Mixing Bowl Wax Paper Baking Sheet (see size recommendations above) Cooking Spray Cookie Cutter (we used a heart-shaped cutter)
What To Do:
1. Melt the butter in a medium-large pan over low heat.
2. Raise the heat up a bit to medium heat and add the marshmallows. Stir until melted – do not let them boil or burn.
3. Pour your marshmallow mixture into the rice krispies and stir until well blended.
4. Using a spatula or spoon pour the mixture into a baking sheet lined with wax paper and press flat.
5. Let cool then cut your treats into your desired shapes. Spray your cookie cutter (or hands) with cooking spray will help prevent sticking.
6. Decorate your treats. Let your creativity impress their eyes and their appetite!
Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder Austin Realtor® Keller Williams Realty, Inc. Email: JoePaul@KW.com
❤ Love Valentine’s Day? Visit our post called “Valentine’s Day The Home Style Way” for our ideas for how to make your day extra special at home. We’re pairing our favorite appetizer, main course, desserts and wine along with some great “at-home” movie recommendations sure to melt hearts.