Trader Joe’s Bacon Cheese Bread Recipe
It’s totally by sheer fortune that I scored this recipe for Trader Joe’s Bacon Cheese Bread. You too – this recipe isn’t even on their own website (I was given the recipe verbally from a Trader Joe’s Crew Member).
During Trader Joe’s Grand Opening Day here in Austin (September 20, 2013), I tasted this bread and it was delicious! I was really impressed that Trader Joe’s cleverly had all the ingredients conveniently located in a small refrigerator next to the sampling kitchen. Literally 10 seconds later and everything was in my basket and I was on my way.
Let’s bake bread!
This recipe makes two batches of Bacon Cheese Bread. You will most likely either eat both batches yourself or if you have the willpower, you will gift one away, making someone very, very happy. Either way, you win!
Try this bread “Home Style Austin Style” by topping it with fresh finely chopped rosemary after you add the cheese and bacon. Delicious!
At $1.19 for a bag for the pizza dough you might want to stock up on this time-saving dough; it can be frozen and later thawed.
Let’s watch this 15 second video that shows how easy it is to make your own magic.
12 Ounces | Trader Joe’s Uncured Apple Smoked Bacon, Cut Into ½″ Pieces 2 – 16 Ounce Bags | Fresh Pizza Dough (Plain or Garlic Herb) A Sprinkle | Extra Virgin Olive Oil 12 Ounce Bag | “Trader Giotto’s Quattro Formaggi” Cheese (Four Cheese Blend)
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. While the oven is heating up, cook the bacon pieces until crispy and set aside.
2. Prepare the dough according to the package instructions. If hand kneading vs. rolling, make sure you have some olive oil on your fingertips to aid with kneading and readying the dough for the pan. Bake the dough in the oven for 8 minutes then remove the bread from the oven.
3. Sprinkle the bread with ½ of the bag of cheese and ½ of the bacon (the remaining ingredients you can use for the second batch).
4. Return bread to the oven for 3-4 minutes or until golden-bubbly.
5. Remove the bread from oven, cut and serve. Enjoy!
Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder Austin Realtor® Keller Williams Realty, Inc.
Email: JoePaul@KW.com Mobile: 512-222-3302
Want To Learn More About Trader Joe’s? Check out my post about my adventure Grand Opening Day … plus discover some of my favorite TJ products!
Picture taken on Grand Opening Day at: Trader Joe's Austin - Rollingwood 2805 Bee Cave Rd Austin,TX 78746 512-306-1032