When life brings us tortillas, we love to make tortilla roll-ups!
With no baking and just 3 ingredients, it doesn’t get any easier to make this time-honored family appetizer favorite that’s perfect for summertime gatherings.
If you’re slicing your kalamata olives by hand be careful as they could have pit fragments – even if using pitted olives.
You can substitute kalamata olives with black olives if you prefer a milder taste.
We added 1-2 leaves of hand-torn basil onto the tortilla before rolling (shown below) and it was delicious! You can introduce a few ingredients of your choosing (shaved ham or sliced shrimp and avocado, etc.) to create your own signature roll-up.
8 Ounce Block | Cream Cheese, Softened ½ Cup | Kalamata Olives, Chopped 5-6 | Flour Tortillas
1. In a medium-sized bowl, let your cream cheese rest at room temperature until softened (at least 30 minutes). You can slice it into 1-inch chunks to help expedite the softening process.
2. Add the olives to the cheese and fold well with a rubber spatula.
3. Place a schmear of the cream cheese mixture onto a single tortilla and spread evenly, leaving about ½-inch gap between the cheese and the edge of the tortilla to prevent a cream cheese blow-out during rolling. You can adjust the amount of cheese mixture to your preference; we like to use enough to yield at least ¼-inch – ½-inch of cheese mixture.
4. Roll-up your tortilla. Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into ½ inch wheels; the two ends of the tortilla are usually not as pretty as the middle and make great treats for the chef and nearby foodies. Transfer the roll-ups to a serving dish.
5. You can serve the roll-ups right away or cover and chill them for 20-30 minutes in the fridge.
Yields 25-30 roll-ups. Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder Austin Realtor® Keller Williams Realty, Inc.
❤ Love Food? Explore more of our favorite recipes here at HomeStyleAustin.com!