Joe Reider, Realtor
Banana Split Pie Recipe
This easy to make no-bake pie is one of my childhood favorites. My Mom would make this pie for special family occasions.
We armed wrestled at Home Style HQ about what made this pie so darn good:
The delightful crunch of Texas pecans
The crispy graham cracker crust
Sweet, chilled bananas
Who doesn’t love cherries on top?
This recipes makes 2 pies; 2 for you or 1 each for you and a friend, if you’re into sharing 🙂
This pie makes a sweet 10.0 dismount from any summer meal. Enjoy!
2 Cups | Confectioners Sugar, Sifted 1 Cup | Unsalted Butter 2 | Cage Free Eggs 1 Teaspoon | Vanilla 5-8 | Bananas, Cut Into Rounds 1 Pound 4 Ounce Can | Crushed Pineapple, Drained Well 12 Ounce Container | Whipped Topping (Cool Whip) 1 Cup | Chopped Nuts (go for pecans) 8 Ounces | Maraschino Cherries, Drained 2 | 9 Inch Graham Cracker Crust Pie Shells
What To Do:
1. Combine sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat until light.
2. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
3. Add vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Divide filling in half and spread it carefully into each pie crust.
4. Divide and arrange banana slices over mixture of each pie. Drain the pineapple then “squish” it with your hands so the pie isn’t soupy. Top the pie with the drained pineapple.
5. Cover each pie with whipped topping, nuts and cherries.
6. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
Yields: 2 pies and 8-16 best friends.
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder Austin Realtor® Keller Williams Realty, Inc.
#Banana #Butter #Grahamcracker #Sweets #Texas #Pineapple #WhippedTopping #Pie #Recipe #Cherries #Pecans