These chocolate nests are easy to make – and kids are likely to join in on the fun, too!
This no-bake recipe takes just 3 ingredients and your finished nests will make perfect treats to wrap-up a dinner with friends… or they make great gifts – just toss them into a treat bag!
❤ Use your favorite melting chocolate for this recipe. I used milk chocolate morsels and dark chocolate is next on my list.
❤ To fill your nest you can pick from an array of sweet egg-like objects – jelly beans, malted milk balls, Cadbury mini eggs, or M&M candies. I used pastel colored chocolate covered almonds – they had a good egg shape and great taste!
5 Cups | Chow Mein Noodles 2 Cups | Chocolate Morsels 24 – 36 | Candy Eggs
What To Do:
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate for 1 minute. Remove from oven and stir with a spatula. Return to microwave and heat then stir in 30-second intervals until things are well melted. Don’t let the chocolate boil!
2. Add the noodles into the melted chocolate and stir everything with your spatula until well coated.
3. Using an ice cream scoop transfer mounds of the chocolate noodles to a parchment-lined baking tray. Before the chocolate rests, shape the mounds into nests with a fork or your spatula.
4. Place your candy eggs into the nest and let everything rest until cool and hard.
5. Transfer your nests to a serving platter or individual plate.
Yield: About 10 – 12 nests. Enjoy this chocolate bird’s nest recipe!
~ Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder Austin Realtor® Keller Williams Realty, Inc.
Email: JoePaul@KW.com Mobile: 512-222-3302 Web: JoePaul.KWRealty.com
❤ Love Food? In a click and a scroll you can visit more of my favorite recipes – there’s more than 50 recipes here on the Home Style Austin blog!