Joe Reider, Realtor
Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Let’s Go Bananas!
This recipe comes to me from Patrick, who handles marketing here at Home Style Austin. He promised it was one of his family’s tasty time-honored recipes.
He was right! This bread makes for a great morning meal, a side or dessert. Best make two loaves – one for home and one for the office or for a gift. You just scored friends for life.
This recipe makes good use of “almost-bad” bananas.
Try a slice toasted with a “schmear” of whipped cream cheese. You may never go plain again!
1½ Cup | Sugar ½ Cup | Falfurrias Brand Unsalted Butter 2 | Cage Free Eggs, Beaten Well 3 | Bananas, Mashed Well ½ Cup | Nuts, Finely Ground (I like pecans) ½ Teaspoon | Baking Soda 4 Tablespoons | Buttermilk 1½ Cups | Flour 1 Teaspoon | Baking Powder 1 Teaspoon | Vanilla
What To Do:
0. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
1. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients.
2. Dissolve the soda in the buttermilk; add to the first five ingredients.
3. Mix the flour with the baking power; add to the ingredients along with vanilla and mix well.
4. Grease the bottom of a baking pan then line the bottom of the pan with wax paper.
5. Pour batter into the baking pan and bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder Austin Realtor® Keller Williams Realty, Inc. Email: JoePaul@KW.com Mobile: 512-222-3302 Web: JoePaulReider.KW.com
#Sugar #Banana #Butter #CreamCheese #Vanilla #Nuts #Recipe #Eggs #Bread