Let’s Go Bananas!
This recipe comes to me from Patrick, who handles marketing here at Home Style Austin. He promised it was one of his family’s tasty time-honored recipes.
He was right! This bread makes for a great morning meal, a side or dessert. Best make two loaves – one for home and one for the office or for a gift. You just scored friends for life.
This recipe makes good use of “almost-bad” bananas.
Try a slice toasted with a “schmear” of whipped cream cheese. You may never go plain again!
1½ Cup | Sugar ½ Cup | Falfurrias Brand Unsalted Butter 2 | Cage Free Eggs, Beaten Well 3 | Bananas, Mashed Well ½ Cup | Nuts, Finely Ground (I like pecans) ½ Teaspoon | Baking Soda 4 Tablespoons | Buttermilk 1½ Cups | Flour 1 Teaspoon | Baking Powder 1 Teaspoon | Vanilla
What To Do:
0. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
1. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients.
2. Dissolve the soda in the buttermilk; add to the first five ingredients.
3. Mix the flour with the baking power; add to the ingredients along with vanilla and mix well.
4. Grease the bottom of a baking pan then line the bottom of the pan with wax paper.
5. Pour batter into the baking pan and bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder Austin Realtor® Keller Williams Realty, Inc. Email: JoePaul@KW.com Mobile: 512-222-3302 Web: JoePaulReider.KW.com