Halloween “Boo Bark” Recipe
This week fall blew into Austin with temperatures in the 90s falling to the jaw-dropping 40s in mere minutes! With the temperature shifts there’s no doubting Halloween is officially in full gear – our favorite time of the year! There’s no better way to enjoy the sweet days of fall than with a slice of this wickedly tasty Halloween treat!
❤ The suggested ingredients (below) are super flexible. Use as many or as little as you prefer. Just ensure you have more chocolate than treats to ensure a good Boo Bark bond.
Time To Prepare:
About 2 hours (includes time for the Boo Bark to rest in and out of the fridge).
16-24 Ounces | Chocolate
Assorted Candies To Your Liking Including: Candy Eye Balls (the eyes make the Boo Bark come to life!) Candy Corn M&Ms (you can create your own design here!) Halloween Themed Sprinkle Halloween Oreos, Slice Snickers Candy Bars, Sliced Take 5 Candy Bars, Sliced
What To Do:
1. Line a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with parchment paper. Make sure to include extra paper on the sides so that the chocolate doesn’t touch the pan.
2. Gather and prepare your ingredients.
3. If using Oreo cookies, scatter a few in the prepared pan.
4. Melt your chocolate. Place your chocolate into a microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring often. Be careful not to overcook/burn the chocolate. Once it’s smooth enough to pour it’s ready!
5. Pour the chocolate into the prepared pan, working from the center outward. The Boo Bark edges do not need to be uniform.
6. Top the Boo Bark with your chosen candy decorations. Lightly press any larger pieces to ensure they bond with the chocolate.
7. Place your Boo Bark in the fridge for about an hour to set/harden. Remove from the fridge and let rest for about 30 minutes. Break the bark into bite-sized pieces with a knife and enjoy!
Joe Paul Reider
Home Style Austin Founder Austin Realtor® Keller Williams Realty
Email: JoePaul@KW.com Mobile: 512-222-3302 Web: JoePaulReider.KW.com